Wednesday, January 12, 2011

our little racehorse

Yesterday Eddie and I went to our monthly OB appointment, which went very well! They took my weight and blood pressure and both were right on for this point in pregnancy. I've gained 8 lbs now, which he said is "text book." LOVED hearing that I'm right on target while sticking to my vegan diet!! We also got to hear the bean's little heartbeat, which is so very cool. Sounds like a racehorse to me- so fast! I get a little nervous between visits because I can't feel the bean wiggle yet, so hearing that sound is always so wonderful.

Also told the doc about this past weekend and a little concern I had about blood pressure. I had an exam at our apartment on Saturday for my life insurance policy. The nurse took my BP 3 times and it was fairly low every time- an average of 100/56 or so. I also wasn't feeling so hot and had a bit of a headache, which I attributed to the BP level once she told me that. The doctor said not to worry too much, that it wasn't dangerously low and it's pretty common for it to be a bit low during this point in pregnancy. He said to carry a snack with me wherever I go and if I start feeling a bit "off" (which was the only way I knew how to describe it) to eat something and rest. Made me feel better knowing it wasn't a huge concern...

They also drew more blood for the next round of genetic testing, so I'll get the results of that at our next appt in 4 weeks. I loved that the doctor joked that I would be a horrible drug addict- I seriously have the smallest veins ever- they always have a tough time finding them. I really like that my doctor does all of the blood draws himself- I don't know why, but it makes me feel good that he takes the time to do that.

In other news, I tried a yoga class at my gym on Friday. The instructor is prenatal certified, so I was excited for a good, relaxing workout. Man, I was wrong! She had me doing the most insane things EVER. I was in headstands at one point, no joke. I don't think the bean liked it one bit because I spent much of the rest of the weekend on the couch. Other than a mani/pedi outing with MG and a fruitless search with Eddie for maternity leggings at Old Navy (Soho does not have a maternity section, joy), I was in a lounging position much of the time...so nice. Overall a good weekend- Eddie and I are loving all of the shows and movies on the Wii- amazing! Thanks bean for a great Christmas gift for Dad. ;)

Very excited for my Mom to arrive on Saturday to come with us to the sonogram on Monday- the BIG DAY! We'll have news to share then for sure...hoping to be able to tell if it's a boy or girl- ahhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment