Monday, January 3, 2011

planes, trains and automobiles

Well the holidays are over, which makes me sad, but Eddie, the bean and I had a great time with friends and family. The bean was a little traveler over the last couple of weeks- we went to Crofton MD, Easton MD and Jacksonville over the holidays.

On Christmas Eve eve, we took a train to Newark, where we picked up a rental car and drove to Crofton for the Emara's annual Christmas party. The drive was not too bad, though Eddie may say my nervousness in a car is too much to handle. I feel really protective of the little bean and sometimes Eddie's driving is a little less than super cautious. :)

The party was great. A chill year. During the party I reached across the buffet table to scoop some pasta and felt my lower back seize up. It hurt pretty bad for about 4 days, then seemed to ease some. Not sure what caused it, but not something I want to deal with again, that's for sure!

On Christmas Eve, we drove to Easton to stay the night with Laura, Tim and the family. We had a wonderful dinner and, upholding tradition, watched Christmas Vacation...it never gets old. Christmas morning was a blast. Eddie was the first one out of bed at 6:15 AM- he keeps us all young! When Nora woke up at 7:30 or so, we started the gift opening. It was so much fun when Abigail arrived a bit later- 2 little girls on Christmas morning could not be cuter! We got the girls a few gifts, but the shopping carts filled with fake food were a big hit...they had a blast. We had Christmas dinner that evening and all pondered Snowmageden 2010 with the weather reports that were being shown. Eddie and I decided to leave early the next morning (rather than the evening as planned)- me heading to Jax from BWI and him back to NYC for work...and to hang out with James.

We left early the next morning and thank goodness we did. I got out right before the snow hit and Eddie made it back to Newark right before the snow madness! NYC got 2 feet of snow in one day and the city came to a halt. Eddie's work was cancelled and all of the trains and buses were out of service. I was very glad to be in sunny Florida, even if it was freezing there as well for the first couple of days.

I relaxed a ton in Jacksonville. Visited family and Meg and I started a new sport, "Competitive Lounging." I won on style points, Meg won on sheer amount of time spent in a prone position. My nausea finally began to let up while I was there and Julie was shocked at the amount of eating I did. I was shocked as well to tell you the truth. I think one day I ate 5 meals...and actually didn't feel sick! It was so great.

I came back to NYC on New Years Eve. MG was on my flight because hers had been cancelled about a million times because of the snow. MC came in at the same time and we all rode in the Berrang taxi (my sweet husband came to meet us). :) Eddie, MC and I spent New Years at a rocking club called 78 Rivington, aka our apartment- it was such a great time. Eddie picked up dinner at Meatball Shop and had a spread of treats and goodies for us to ring in the new year. He got Babycakes, hats, noise makers, champagne for him and MC and cider for me- it was really perfect. He also got me a little ring I have been eyeing as a gift, I was very excited! What a wonderful way to start 2011...friends, family and the bean...

Bring it on 2011, the Berrang's are ready for an AWESOME year.

No comments:

Post a Comment